Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dammit, I Said the Schmidt House

    Oh, the Kansas City Chiefs have to be my favorite team outside of the Pittsburgh Steelers this year.  This marks the second time I have gotten a good laugh at either the team’s expense or a player’s.  First there was the accusations of one of their defensive linemen getting past the other team’s offensive line by the old grab and twist, not of the guy’s jersey or arm, but by his jewels.  I posted a link to that article on my Facebook page, but alas, I can’t remember the guy’s name.  I just know I laughed out loud at the different phrases and idioms that the author used throughout the article.
   
    And now, if you’ll excuse me, I found out that the shit has hit the fan in Kansas City this year in regard to the running backs and their inability to hold onto the football when catching… er, dropping… passes.  The Chiefs backs are notorious for dropping passes.  This lack of receiving has the coaches rather pissed off.  So, since they have played like shit for the past few years (this season of course is excluded), the coaches have decided this season to make the backs practice in the doghouse—well… the shithouse truly.
   
    That’s not an idiom for giving them extra ire from the coaches.  They’ve been, since training camp, been doing catching drills while sitting in a portable commode.  Yes, the portajohn.  The old, stinky, plastic toilet with the urinal on the side and not even the courtesy of some hand sanitizer.  I saw this on ESPN today and my first thought was Holy Crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment